Welcome to the Great North Wood Education Trust website. The Trust was formed in May 2017 when Rosendale Primary School, The Elmgreen School, and Rosendale, Cherry Tree and Liz Atkinson Children’s Centres converted together to form this multi academy trust. We came together with a shared commitment to inclusive, innovative and evidenced based practice in order to provide outstanding outcomes for all pupils from 0 to 19.
Both of the schools hold unique characteristics. Rosendale Primary School is a designated research school, one of only 23 research schools in the country and the only one in London. Research schools are charged with supporting school leaders to bring evidence based practice into their classrooms and to encourage all education professionals to engage more deeply with research. The Elmgreen School was the first parent promoted school in Britain. Elmgreen also houses the Lambeth Hearing Impairment secondary resource base.
The Trust believes that the key to outstanding outcomes for children is to provide an excellent training and development programme for all staff. We all work together to share best practice, engage in research and participate in local, national and international networks.
The Trust’s ethos was written by staff, pupils, parents and governors.
The Great North Wood Education Trust will:
- Provide an outstanding, inclusive, non-selective education.
- Value and encourage parents’ engagement in their child’s education and school life through the promotion of the three-way partnership between school, pupil and home.
- Deliver the best evidence-based education, drawing on local, national and international practice.
- Enable all pupils to be active participants in their own learning
- Prepare pupils to be responsible citizens with a lifelong love of learning.
- Foster a happy, friendly, co-operative spirit in which all individuals value and look after each other and the community.
- Deliver an innovative curriculum which provides a seamless transition from ages 0 to 19.
- Provide an education that enables every child, regardless of circumstances, to fully achieve their potential
In December 2018 we published the first edition of the Great North Wood Education Trust News, a termly bulletin that reflects on some of the exciting things that have been going on in the Trust in the Autumn Term.